October 23, 2022
Marcellus Community Schools wishes to remind parents and community members of several upcoming dates and events.
- Eight Marcellus High School students, along with teacher and advisor Abby Asmus, will attend the National FFA Convention in Indianapolis next week! The group will leave on October 26 and return the evening of October 27. Many thanks to Abby and Matt Asmus and family for their generous donation toward the cost of this trip.
- Parent- Teacher Conferences are scheduled for November 3, from noon until 3:00 p.m, and from 5:00 until 8:00 p.m. November 3 is a half day for students and there is no school for students on November 4.
- Marcellus Elementary will host their annual Veterans Day Program on November 11. The special event begins at 1:30 p.m., in the new high school gym. Parents and community members are invited to attend as our elementary students present their tribute to our local veterans.
- On November 11, Marcellus Middle School students will give back to our community with their leaf-raking project. Seniors who’d like their yards raked may contact the middle school office at 646-3158.
- It’s that time of year to review school closing information. In the event of inclement weather or emergency closings, parents will be notified via phone call through the school’s messaging system. To ensure receipt of important notifications, parents are asked to maintain updated contact information with their child’s school office. Additionally, closing information will be posted on the district’s Facebook page and announced on WWMT Channel 3, WNDU Channel 16, WSBT Channel 22, and Wood Channel 8.
- The month of October includes National School Custodian Appreciation Day. Marcellus Community Schools is blessed to have some of the best custodians around! All take great pride in their work and that is clearly evident upon entering any of the district’s school buildings. They ensure that students and staff enjoy a great environment in which to teach and learn. Many thanks to our amazing custodians, including Joanna Hawkins, Renee Perry, Shannon Pastorik, April Stewart, Kathy Bradley, and Dawn Geering.
- Marcellus Middle and High School Sports Recognition Night is set for November 10. The event starts at 6:00p.m., at the high school.