“Children may only make up about 20% of the world’s population, but they are 100% of our world’s future!” – anonymous
Reading and Math
Our school is made up of grades K-6. We use an achievement grouping approach to teaching, reading and math. Our program is based on a combination of hands-on learning as well as interactive instruction with the teacher.
- Reading program is 100 minutes long daily
- Math program is 70 minutes long daily
- We use the Collins Writing Program – Six Trait Writing Program
- Our programs are aligned with the State of Michigan GLCE (Grade Level Content Expectations)
- Families are strongly encouraged to read with their child at least 20 minutes daily